I was talking to my hubby this morning. We have both been in the middle of an emotional upheaval and have felt so drained. I was telling him that lately I’ve just felt so tired, just longing to be back in bed, curled up.
I really dislike this feeling. Now I know when life is emotionally and mentally exhausting, it’s important to sleep. I got it. But I’ve had ENOUGH of that.
What I’ve realized about myself, is that if I’m not in a place of passion, I tend to get tired more quickly.
When I’m MAKING ART, and WRITING BLOGS and bubbling over with enthusiasm, I don’t need so much sleep. I jump out of bed at 4:30am, buzzing to create. My day is full of visions of what to make next, or the waves of paint swelling on my paper. I spend my time relishing what I’m grateful for and knowing that life is bringing me what is best for me. I am kind, I am fun, I am playful and silly and feel beautiful.
It’s not MORE sleep that I need, it’s taking a huge messy bite out of PASSION. Ah!
How can I get back to passion when I’ve been handling life stuff for so many days?
- Name off what I am grateful for. Set alarms if I need to.
- Meditate more often than I think necessary.
- Draw everything
- Release emotions (I work best if I cry at least every other day)
- Start something new
- Get my paints ready, and work on one of my pieces. Everything else can wait!
- Dump paint into my art journal and PLAY! The less thinking the better.
Leave a Reply