It’s December 3rd, I can’t believe it. It seems like yesterday we were headed out on a family vacation in the middle of summer. This last quarter of the year is flying by so fast, isn’t it?
I know I am allowing life to move easier when I suddenly realize ‘oh! This is normally when I would have beat myself up!’
This is the place I would have looked around and realized that I have NOT been working out the way I need to, and I would have been so mad at myself.
This is the place I would have felt a thick blanket of misery with all the ‘should haves and ‘what’s wrong with me’s, ‘I’m so lazy,’ and all the ‘I’m not good enoughs.’
But I don’t feel that way at all.
Yes, I am soooooooooooooo craving working out more than I have been.
Also yes, I am ready to finally get back into creating my SCHEDULE and sticking to it.
I recognize that sometimes LIFE IS STRESSFUL and full AND WE DO WHAT WE CAN.
That right there is huge for me.
We do what we can.
This month and a 1/2 has been more movement and more stress than the entire year combined. We were flying across the country to find a therapeutic boarding school for our son, days before our daughters Bat Mitzvah. This past week we were moving our son out of his wilderness camp and into his new school, 2 states away.
It’s okay I haven’t been going to the gym as much as I’d like.
It’s okay that my website still isn’t done.
It’s okay that the year is moving on.
I think sometimes I need to remember that the goals we set for ourselves sometimes get interrupted by life, and that is okay.
If I had made my goals my ONLY priority, here’s what I would have missed out on:
- Being present with finding B the best school for him.
- Being focused on creating the best event we could for our daughter.
- Being present at her event and feeling so proud of her, and so much love.
- Getting a chance to see B right after as he came down the mountain from LIVING in the wilderness for 3 1/2 month.
- Being present to hear everything he wanted to talk about.
- Laughing as a family.
- Getting extra sleep from all the traveling.
- Enjoying a moment at an Italian restaurant with my honey.
- Allowing myself to feel all of it after we dropped B off at his new school.
And so much more.
There is still time to do what I am here to do. There is still time for my goals and dreams. But I want to be present in LIFE, I want to participate in the events that won’t happen again ever. That is my priority.